When we were young, for whatever reason, some of us were sold the whole make-believe of falling in love with ‘The One’. But at our age today, has the fantasy still been fantastic? Are we making the right life and love decisions to match our maturity level, our ability to commit to someone and love just on that? Are our decisions being based on how responsible we know we can be? How about trusting your ‘One’ with a naked someone else… Would you be able to stand on the fact that, your Babe will not betray you in the marriage? – DBM
I’d want all of us (Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced) to partake in this very simple exercise. What are your Big Five (B-5) reasons to look out for within, and also, in a man or woman, to make you want to spend the rest of your life with them?
I’d want to start: As a single man, my B-5 would be
- Connection: We need to have that ‘thing’ between us to encourage me to think, ‘Yo, did we really have that ‘thing’ between us the last time or it was just me being silly?’ I’d want us to believe there really was a ‘thing’, observed by the both of us.
- Friendship: And then, I’d want to stand on that ‘thing’ to want to be your friend. I believe in genuine friendship, and I’d want to marry my friend all over again.
- Character: Through this unique friendship, I’d want to get to know more about you and what you stand for. I’d want to like the character of you, because at the end of the day, it’s your character I will be spending the rest of my life with.
- Attraction: The moment I’m in a comfortable lead with your character, I’d want to now feel some elements of sexual attraction between us. I’d want to be in that crazy state of, just a thought of you should turn me on, or makes me want to do a million other nasty-sweet little things to, and with you, in bed, in the kitchen, on the living room sofa, in the bathroom, by the living room wall/pillar and on my study table.
- Love: I’d want to fall in love with you, and only you, and just be content with that. I’d want to be there for you, care so much for and about you – you wouldn’t have to worry about having me on your side… Because I will be there, always by your side, on your team. I’d want to be your escape.
- I have a friend who fell so much in love with his wife, that he gave her $200,000 to start her second business. He loved her that much, he gave a token he wouldn’t have even considered ¼ as a loan to his own parents, siblings or children. But for love alone, he gave. Guess what? His young wife grew the business alright, but thought it wise to now want to be with a younger man to be satisfying her sexually. She’s with a younger, well-built, better looking gentleman now, who unfortunately, to her blind-side, also is doing unto her exactly what she did to her ex-husband, sucking her money and cheating on her with a younger, prettier girlfriend.